There are many "how-to" books in today's world of scale modeling, but none has covered the "why", as well as, the "how-to" processes… the modeler's artistic approach, until now. In TANKART, a painting and weathering guide book series, the focus is on taking real-life observations of paint and weathering effects and incorporating the best techniques to replicate them.
Within this second volume, TANKART 2 Allied Armor, the author will go deeper into his thoughts about why of certain steps, as it relates to Allied camouflage schemes. To bring these ideas to life requires a spectrum of processes and techniques which are covered in great detail; including the Hair Spray Technique and the new Oil Paint Rendering -- plus Pigment Applications and Painting Olive Drab chapters that can be combined in a layered approach to tell the complete story of each model.
• 8.5" x 9.5", 208-pages.
• Matte-varnished softcover on high-quality book paper.
• 5 models featured - M26 Pershing (US service), Firefly Vc (Polish service), Churchill Mk III (Russian service), KV-1 Ehkranami (Russian service), and Char B1 bis (French service).
• 4 dedicated technique chapters.
• Special bonus figure modeling chapter by renowned Polish master modeler Radek Pituch.
• Inside features over 500 color photos reproduced in a large format.
No customer comments for the moment.